Recipe and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Incredibly delicious and extra easy to make with pantry staple ingredients, this Baked Spaghetti is like a warm noodle pie topped with heaping handfuls of melted mozzarella. Whip this up when you’re in need of a no-hassle, family-friendly weeknight dinner!
- 1 yellow onion, peeled
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 32 oz. of Heinen’s marinara or canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb. spaghetti noodles
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic to a food processor and pulse on high speed until all ingredients are finely chopped. You can also chop by hand. Set aside.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in the olive oil and cook the ground beef until browned and cooked throughout, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add in the finely-chopped vegetables and cook for 12 minutes over medium heat until lightly browned and tender.
- Add in the marinara sauce and cook over low heat to keep warm. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Add the spaghetti to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook for 8-9 minutes, or until just slightly crunchy. Drain and add to a large cast-iron skillet or 13×9 casserole dish.
- Add 2/3 of the sauce to the spaghetti and toss until combined. Reserve the rest of the sauce for a later date.
- Generously sprinkle the mozzarella over the top of the spaghetti and bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned and melted.
- Garnish with chopped basil (optional).