The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
Stumped on how to impress your sweetie? The solution is simple: serve one of the most elegant cuts of meat on the market!
The bone-in ribeye is famously known for being one of the most buttery, beefy and juicy steaks, and it’s surprisingly very easy to cook.
So, instead of splurging at an expensive steakhouse this Valentine’s Day, create your own steakhouse experience at home by smothering Heinen’s CARE Certified bone-in ribeyes in a simple basil butter.
Paired with charred cherry tomatoes for a rustic pop of color and served alongside roasted potatoes or sautéed spinach, your loved one will be so satisfied, you won’t even need to worry about chocolate for dessert!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Heinen’s CARE Certified bone-in ribeye steaks
- Salt and pepper
- 6 Tbsp. Heinen’s butter
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh basil, minced
- Generously season the steaks on both sides with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- In a cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, melt 2 Tbsp. of butter. Once the butter is melted and the pan is hot, add the steaks and sear on both sides for 2 minutes each to create a nice crust and lock in the juices.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet.
- While the steaks are cooking, combine the other 4 Tbsp. of butter, minced basil and salt.
- Dollop the butter over the steaks while hot and allow it to slowly melt into the steaks. Serve alongside your favorite side dishes, like sautéed spinach or roasted potatoes.
Note: Any cut of steak can be used for this recipe. If you choose to use a different cut, you may have to sear the steak and transfer the pan to the oven at 425°F to finish cooking. Thick-cut filets will take 10-12 minutes to achieve a medium-rare cook after seared for 2-3 minutes on each side.