Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Do you ever wish you could enjoy a tender, juicy steak without spending a fortune? In Heinen’s Meat Department, you can!
Believe it or not, certain cuts of pork, like Heinen’s CARE Certified shoulder-cut pork steaks, are comparable to a traditional beef steak. In fact, Heinen’s pork steaks almost mirror a classic steak in:
- Thickness: The Heinen’s pork steaks used in this recipe are bone-in and about 1-inch thick.
- Marbling: The marbling of Heinen’s pork steaks looks like a traditional cut of steak.
- Flavor: The flavor of Heinen’s pork steaks is tender, juicy and buttery.
- Tenderness: Heinen’s pork steaks eat like a ribeye.
However, there are a few differences that may appeal to the everyday steak lover:
- Price: Heinen’s pork steaks are extremely affordable.
- Easy Prep: All it takes is a little salt and pepper to make the flavor of Heinen’s pork steaks pop.
- Pink is Okay: Just like a steak, it’s perfectly safe and delicious for the inside of Heinen’s pork steaks to be a little pink after cooking.
Need more convincing to try Heinen’s pork steaks? All of Heinen’s pork comes from a trusted CARE Certified producer who raises each cut to Heinen’s specific standards for quality and animal welfare. Simply put, Heinen’s CARE Certified pork steaks prove that premium meat at an affordable price is possible!
While these steaks are delicious roasted in the oven with a little salt and pepper, this recipe elevates the flavor and heartiness with a few ready-made ingredients and sides from Heinen’s: Two Brothers blackened season, Heinen’s fresh-made pineapple mango salsa and Heinen’s frozen organic California blend vegetables.
On the table in under 30 minutes, this is a steak dinner done right!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen’s avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp. Two Brothers blackened seasoning
- 2 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 Heinen’s CARE Certified shoulder-cut pork steaks
- 1-16 oz. bag Heinen’s frozen organic California blend vegetables
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s unsalted butter
- 1 cup Heinen’s pineapple mango salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On a plate, combine the avocado oil, blackened seasoning and salt.
- Working one at a time, coat each pork steak in the oil and seasoning mixture on both sides. Once coated, place them on an aluminum-lined sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 15-17 minutes.
- Once the pork is done, turn the oven to broil and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes, or until brown marks start to form on the meat. Remove the pork steaks and let them rest.
- In a pot of boiling water, add the frozen vegetables and cook until they boil again.
- Strain the vegetables and add them back to the drained pot. Stir in the butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve the vegetables alongside the pork steaks. Garnish each pork steak with the pineapple mango salsa.