A couple cups of bone broth is a great way to enhance the flavor and nutrition of traditional tomato sauce.
No time to make bone broth from scratch? No problem! Simply thaw a package of Bonafide Provisions organic bone broth from Heinen’s Frozen Department for an easy shortcut with equal nutrition.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 cups bone broth, homemade or Bonafide Provisions organic bone broth
- 2 6 oz. cans Heinen’s tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen's dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen's dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all of the ingredients in a medium-size saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat for 4–6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to low heat and cover, allowing the sauce to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve over pasta, hot veggies or chicken!