The addition of bone broth kicks up the flavor and nutrition of this basic tomato sauce. No time to make bone broth? No problem! Try shelf stable Epic Bone Broth or frozen Bonafide Provisions.
Plus, check out this Cherry Vanilla Smoothie recipe for another way to incorporate Bone Broth!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Cups prepared bone broth
- 2- 6 oz. cans Heinen’s tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat for 4–6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to low heat and cover, allowing the sauce to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve over pasta, hot veggies, or chicken!