The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This fun and unique twist on a burger is guaranteed to impress all of your friends and family!
Easy to prepare on the grill or the stove, combine Heinen’s CARE Certified ground beef and fresh bratwurst to create a juicy patty. Top with corned beef or pastrami, mozzarella, sauerkraut, whole grain mustard and caramelized onions and prepare to enjoy a summer burger experience unlike any other!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb. loose bratwurst sausage
- 1 lb. Heinen's CARE Certified 85/15 ground beef
- 4 Kaiser rolls, sliced and toasted
- ½ lb. sliced corned beef or pastrami
- 1 cup Heinen’s sauerkraut
- Whole grain mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- Add 2 Tbsp. of olive oil to a large frying pan over medium-to-low heat.
- Cook the onions until well caramelized, about 20-25 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the sausage, ground beef, salt and pepper together to a large bowl and mix until combined. Form 4 large brat burger patties.
- Remove the onions from the frying pan and set aside. Add the addition 2 Tbsp. of olive oil to the pan and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Cook the burgers for 4-5 minutes per side, or until well-browned and cooked through.
- Set the burgers to the side and add the corned beef to one side of the pan and the sauerkraut to the other side. Heat both over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble, add a slice of mozzarella cheese to the bottom of a toasted Kaiser roll, then add some of the caramelized onions. Layer on a cooked brat burger, heated corned beef or pastrami, sauerkraut and whole grain mustard. Finish with the top bun and serve.