This recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Back to school season is coming faster than we may realize. This school year will look different for every family, but you can always rely on Heinen’s to help you come up with incredibly simple and delicious snacks and meals to have on hand for your family.
These Breakfast Granola Cups are not only extremely simple to make, but they can be stored in the fridge throughout the week for a fast and filling bite.
Top with nut butter or Greek yogurt like I show here for a delicious, nutrient-packed breakfast that will leave you feeling ready to take on a busy day!
- 4 cups Heinen’s old fashioned oats
- 2 cups walnuts, finely crushed
- 1 3/4 cups almond butter (or any nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s clover honey
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Greek Yogurt
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients listed above. Mix with a handheld mixer until ingredients start to bind together. If the mixture is dry, add another 1/4 cup of nut butter until the mixture is sticky.
- Fill a muffin tin all the way to the top with the granola mixture.
- Firmly press the granola into each cup, really. This will ensure everything binds properly for easy removal.
- Press an indent into the middle of each cup with your thumb. This is where you will add the toppings of your choice.
- Place the muffin tin into the fridge until you are ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, circle around the granola cups with a butter knife and gently lift out of the pan. Fill with Greek yogurt or additional nut butter and top with fruit!