The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
If you’re in the market for a really simple weeknight dinner, make your way over to Heinen’s Meat Department and check out their selection of gourmet burgers! These premade patties are perfectly seasoned and come in a variety of flavors. With beef, chicken, turkey, salmon and plant-based bean burgers, there’s really something for everyone!
Of course, burgers are delicious on a toasted bun with all the toppings, but they’re also the perfect protein topper for main dish salads. I picked up Heinen’s Buffalo Chicken Burgers for this fun spin on a buffalo chicken salad complete with celery, carrots, blue cheese and ranch! It’s full of flavor, totally filling and super satisfying. It will be on repeat all summer long!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Heinen’s Gourmet Chicken Buffalo Burgers (about ¾ lb. total)
- 5 oz. Great Lakes Growers Ohio Spring Mix
- ½ cup Tomz grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup Heinen’s crumbled blue cheese
- Bolthouse Farms classic ranch yogurt dressing (or your favorite ranch dressing)
- Frank’s RedHot buffalo wings sauce (optional)
- Set a grill pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. You can also use an outdoor grill set to high heat.
- Cook the chicken burgers for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the internal cooking temperature reaches 165˚F. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the spring mix with the tomatoes, carrots, celery, avocado, green onion and blue cheese. Divide between two large bowls.
- Top each with a chicken burger and dress with ranch and buffalo sauce to taste.