The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
If you’re in the market for a really simple weeknight dinner, make your way over to Heinen’s Meat Department and check out their selection of gourmet burgers! These premade patties are perfectly seasoned and come in a variety of flavors. Made fresh in-store by Heinen’s butchers and available in beef, chicken, turkey, and plant-based bean, there’s really a burger for everyone! You can even find fresh salmon burgers in the Seafood Department.
Of course, burgers are delicious on a toasted Heinen’s brioche bun with toppings, but they’re also the perfect protein topper for main dish salads. I picked up Heinen’s Buffalo Chicken Burgers for this fun spin on a buffalo chicken salad complete with celery, carrots, blue cheese and ranch!
It’s full of flavor, totally filling and super satisfying. It will be on repeat all summer long for my family and yours too!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Heinen’s gourmet buffalo chicken burgers (about ¾ lb. total)
- 5 oz. Great Lakes Growers Ohio spring mix
- ½ cup Tomz grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup matchstick carrots
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ⅓ cup Heinen’s crumbled blue cheese
- Bolthouse Farms classic ranch yogurt dressing (or your favorite ranch dressing)
- Frank’s RedHot buffalo wings sauce (optional)
- Set a grill pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. You can also use an outdoor grill set to high heat.
- Cook the chicken burgers for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the internal cooking temperature reaches 165˚F. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the spring mix with the tomatoes, carrots, celery, avocado, green onion and blue cheese. Divide between two large bowls.
- Top each with a chicken burger and dress with ranch and buffalo sauce to taste.