Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
If you love classic buffalo chicken flavor, you will certainly love this sandwich! Today, I am going to show you how to create an amazing and simple Buffalo Chicken Sandwich using ingredients you probably already have on hand.
To start, we need to make the sauce, so add some buffalo sauce, or any other hot sauce that you like to a bowl. To cut it, we’re going to add melted unsalted butter because the sauce will be too spicy without it.
Once it is whisked together, set the sauce to the side. Add the chicken breast cutlets to a plate and season generously with salt and pepper.
Now it’s time to start cooking! Start by heating a grill pan and add some cooking oil. I used canola oil, but you can use whatever oil you have on hand. Add your chicken breast cutlets to the hot pan, but be sure not to crowd them as you want them to get a nice sear on both sides. After 3-4 minutes, flip the chicken and cook for another 3-4 minutes. You’ll see beautiful grill marks on the meat and this is exactly what you want!
Once cooked through, remove the chicken from the heat and dunk each cutlet into your buffalo sauce moving it around so that its fully coated on both sides.
All that’s left to do now is assemble and plate. Start with a toasted bun and layer on green leaf lettuce, sliced vine ripe tomatoes, sliced red onion and dill pickle chips. Next, add the grilled buffalo chicken.
If you’re feeling extra creative, you can add a bit of ranch, mozzarella or provolone cheese, crumbled blue cheese or even blue cheese dressing.
Once you’ve added all of your toppings, simply add on the top bun and you are done!
Who would have thought it could be so easy to create a restaurant-quality Buffalo Chicken Sandwich in your own kitchen? Enjoy!
- Total time:
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 4 oz. chicken breast cutlets
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 4 buns, toasted
- 4 leaves of green leaf lettuce
- 1 vine ripe tomatoes, sliced
- ½ red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 16 pickle chip slices
- Blue cheese dressing
- Blue cheese crumbles
- In a bowl, mix together the buffalo sauce and melted butter until combined. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts and cook on a grill pan over medium-high heat with cooking oil until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the chicken and toss in the bowl with the buffalo sauce until completely coated.
- To Plate: Place a toasted bottom bun on a plate and layer green leaf lettuce, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion, sliced pickles, cooked buffalo chicken breast cutlet, optional toppings and top toasted bun.