The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Chilly weather calls for a comforting casserole that features one of the best ingredients of the season – butternut squash!
Complimented by loads of fresh veggies, this healthy bake is completed with an irresistibly crunchy parmesan bread crumb topping!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and large diced
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tsp. fresh sage, chopped
- 4 cups kale, loosely packed and roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups Heinen's vegetable stock
- ¾ cup Heinen's panko breadcrumbs
- ¾ cups parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the squash, onions, garlic, sage, kale, vegetable stock, salt and pepper to a 13×9 casserole dish. Mix until completely combined.
- Bake in the oven at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the bread crumbs, parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper to a medium-size bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and evenly sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture all over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake at 375°F for 20 minutes.