The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
In the spring summer, I crave meals that taste light, but offer enough hearty goodness to keep me full and energized. This vibrant Chicken and Lemon Orzo is exactly that!
Besides being delicious, the best thing about this dish is that it is extremely quick to throw together and provides a balanced and flavorful combination of protein and carbs to fill you up.
Next time you’re in a pinch for a refreshingly simple supper, try this recipe!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. orzo
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Gerber's CARE Certified boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp. fresh basil, chiffonade
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the orzo to a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and run under cool water until chilled. Transfer the orzo to a bowl and toss with 2 Tbsp. of olive oil to keep the pasta from sticking. Set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper and cook them in 2 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked throughout. Remove, slice and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the onions and garlic. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Deglaze with wine and cook until there are about 2-3 Tbsp. of liquid left.
- Add the orzo, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Add the sliced chicken breast to the orzo and garnish with basil.