The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Treat yourself to a taste of summer with this easy grilled Chicken Caprese!
Featuring fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and balsamic on top of grilled chicken, this dish is an easy way to turn the light and refreshing flavors of a staple summer salad into a hearty meal that the whole family will love!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Gerber's CARE Certified boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup Heinen's olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. Heinen's onion powder
- 2 tsp. Heinen's garlic powder
- 8 slices mozzarella
- 4 slices fresh tomato
- Heinen's balsamic glaze
- Fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mix the chicken with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper until combined.
- Cook the chicken on the grill or in a grill pan over medium-high heat for 6-7 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through.
- With about 2-3 minutes left in the total cooking process, add the mozzarella to the top of each chicken breast. Cook just until it starts to melt.
- Garnish by adding a tomato slice to each piece of chicken, then drizzle on the balsamic glaze and top with fresh basil leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.