- Total time:
The following recipe and photography was provided courtesy of our friends at Gerber’s Amish Farm.
Warm and comforting, you’ll be shocked at how easily this tasty Chicken Strata comes together. Loaded with cheesy chicken flavors, it is sure to be a meal that brings the family back for seconds.
- 8 slices of bread
- 4 cups Gerber’s Amish Farm Chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tsp. salt
- 9 slices Velveeta cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups, mixture of milk and chicken broth
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- Lay bread over the bottom of the greased baking pan.
- Mix Gerber’s Chicken, butter, mayo, salt onion, eggs and liquid. Pour over the bread.
- Put 9 slices of Velveeta on top.
- Spread the cream of celery soup over the cheese.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes.