The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
When the weather cools down, cravings for soups, stews and chilis start to heat up!
This recipe puts a spin on classic, comforting chili by stuffing it into roasted poblano peppers!
Simply grab a container of Heinen’s prepared chili, add extra ground turkey and pour it into individual poblano peppers with crushed corn chips, sour cream, cheddar, onions and olives as toppings.
Pick up a side of Heinen’s cornbread, and you’ve got yourself an easy, but rewarding, weeknight meal!
Chili-Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 cups Heinen’s prepared chili
- 4 large poblano peppers, seeded and halved
- ½ cup Heinen's shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup corn chips, crushed
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Add 2 Tbsp. of olive oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the ground turkey until browned and cooked throughout.
- Mix in the prepared chili and cook until warm. Set aside.
- Place the seeded and halved poblano peppers skin-side-up on a baking sheet. Drizzle the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil evenly over the top.
- Broil for 4-5 minutes, or until blistered.
- Flip the peppers and fill them evenly with the turkey chili.
- Sprinkle the cheese over each pepper and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Add sour cream, corn chips, olives and green onions as toppings.