The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Elevate your everyday deli sandwich with a classic club made even more delicious when served on Heinen’s freshly baked butter croissants!
A club sandwich is traditionally made with a variety of deli meats (usually ham and turkey), crisp bacon, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise. I love the flavor of a little Dijon mustard on my club sandwiches, so I’ve included that as an optional ingredient below.
I’ve also opted for Colby Jack cheese instead of cheddar because I love its mild, buttery flavor in this sandwich.
Stop by Heinen’s Deli Department to check out their wide selection of Two Brothers deli meats and cheeses. I’m using their maple honey ham and sliced turkey off the bone here.
Did you know you can find fresh croissants in Heinen’s Bakery Department? They’re flakey and rich and really make this sandwich feel extra special.
These croissant club sandwiches would be great packed up for a picnic lunch.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Heinen’s fresh butter croissants
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard, optional
- 8 oz. Two Brothers sliced uncured maple honey ham
- 8 oz. Two Brothers sliced turkey off the bone
- 4 oz. Two Brothers sliced Colby Jack cheese
- ½ package Heinen’s CARE Certified hickory smoked sliced bacon, cooked until crisp
- Green leaf lettuce
- 2 local tomatoes on-the-vine, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Cook the bacon to your desired doneness using the method of your choice (stovetop or oven).
- Split the croissants in half (a serrated bread knife works best) and lightly toast the halves, if desired.
- Spread a Tbsp. of mayonnaise on one half of the croissant and a tsp. of Dijon, if using, on the other.
- Arrange a quarter of the ham, turkey, cheese and a couple slices of the cooked Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon on top of the mayonnaise.
- Top with a lettuce leaf, sliced tomato and sliced red onion.
- Top with other croissant half and serve.