The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
If you love soup, you’ll love this creamy asparagus version!
Filled with fresh in-season veggies like asparagus, leeks and garlic, this healthy soup is blended until perfectly creamy using a high-speed blender or immersion blender.
Each spoonful tastes like spring in a bowl and would be delicious as an appetizer or dinner!
Creamy Asparagus Soup
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus, ends removed and chopped
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 russet potato, diced
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups Heinen’s vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup Heinen's heavy cream, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, leeks, garlic, potato, cilantro, salt and pepper. Stir well and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable stock. Cover and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes, until all of the vegetables are softened. Stir in the heavy cream and lemon juice.
- Use an immersion blender or high-speed blender to blend until smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of heavy cream and fresh bread.