The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
If you love mushrooms, you must try this indulgent Creamy Wild Mushroom Lasagna!
Layered between flat lasagna noodles and generous portions of cheese, the true star of this recipe is a simple béchamel loaded with an impressive assortment button, baby bella, portobello and shiitake mushrooms. Together, these elements create a dish that tastes worthy of a fancy restaurant menu!
Rich, hearty and delicious, serve a square to the mushroom lovers in your life!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ½ cup Heinen's olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. assorted sliced mushrooms (buttons, baby bellas, portabellas, and shiitake)
- 1 small shallot, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 15 par-boiled and cooled or no-boil lasagna sheets
- 1 lb. Heinen's shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Heinen's 24-month aged Parmigiano Reggiano, shredded
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large frying pan over high heat, add the oil and pan sear the mushrooms for 15 minutes, stirring frequently until browned.
- Move the mushrooms to one side of the pan and add the shallots and garlic to the other side. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or just until cooked.
- Stir everything together, then stir in the flour until combined.
- Pour in the milk and turn the heat to high to bring to a boil while frequently stirring.
- Once thick, season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Add some of the mushroom sauce to the bottom of a 13×9 casserole dish, then add on 3 lasagna sheets next to one another.
- Layer on as follows: mushrooms sauce, mozzarella, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Repeat the process 4 more times to create 5 total layers.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 50-60 minutes, or until browned on top and cooked throughout.
- Slice and serve with an optional garnish of chopped parsley.