The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
People always ask me… “What’s your dill? You’re so happy all the time.”
My secret? Dill Pickle Cheeseburger Pizza!
Today we combine the two real superfoods of the world: cheeseburger and pizza. These two titans are amazing on their own, so why not smash them together? These delicious divas bond over a mouthwatering dill pickle sauce that comes together in minutes! Keep this recipe in your back pocket for when your family can’t agree on what to have for dinner. Its unique, yet familiar flavors will not let you down!
You can’t have a good cheeseburger without a grill. If you’ve never made pizza on the grill, it’s time to fire it up! The charred flavor is a great addition to any pizza and is sure to be appreciated by everyone who enjoys a slice. It also cooks extremely fast, allowing for each person to make their own personal burger pizza. Not comfortable on the grill? This recipe can easily be made in the oven, if needed.
This recipe is full of some of my favorite and most-used products from Heinen’s! Organic ketchup, whole kosher dill pickles and, of course, their CARE Certified beef. I just can’t get enough of this stuff!
Heinen’s is always thinking of new ways to cater to their customers, be on the lookout for their new low-sodium, low-sugar ketchup! It’s a great alternative for a healthier condiment option.
Let’s get our piece of the pie!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Medium Pizzas
- 2 pizza crusts
- 1 lb. Heinen's CARE Certified ground beef
- 1/2 onion
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. dill pickle juice, divided
- 1 large dill pickle, diced
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 head of lettuce, sliced
- 1/4 cup tomatoes
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ Tbsp. butter
- Preheat the grill to 450˚F. Place a pizza stone on the grill to preheat as well. This will ensure a crispy crust.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat and add the beef. Season with salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Breakdown the meat and cook fully. Remove the meat from the pan when it is no longer pink.
- Add ½ Tbsp. of butter to the pan and scrape up any of the tasty bits left over from cooking the beef. Add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until they begin to become translucent. Set aside.
- Combine ketchup, mustard, 1/2 Tbsp. of dill pickle juice and the diced dill pickles. Mix well.
- To build the pizza, use any dough or premade crust that you like. Please note that baking times will vary depending on the type of dough or crust.
- Spoon half of the sauce onto the crust followed by 1/2 lb. of beef. Add the onion and 4 oz. of cheese. Brush the crust with olive oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place the pizza on the pizza stone and close the hood immediately.
- Grill for 5 minutes and check. If baking a thicker crust, check after 7 minutes. The pizza is done when the crust is crispy and the cheese is melted.
- Remove the pizza from the grill and top with shredded lettuce and tomato.
- Combine the mayo and remaining pickle juice, whisk and drizzle on the hot pizza.