The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This easy Flank Steak Sandwich is perfect for Father’s Day or any holiday!
A unique spin on the classic meat and potato pair, this hearty sandwich features Heinen’s CARE Certified flank steak and potato bread!
Add some Heinen’s organic stone ground mustard, arugula and fresh basil for a delicious handheld meal that’s packed with gourmet flavor.
Easy Flank Steak Sandwich with Potato Bread
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 lbs. Heinen’s CARE Certified flank steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic stone ground mustard, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 loaf potato bread
- 2 cups arugula
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Heinen’s stone ground mustard, garlic powder, salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Whisk well and add Heinen’s CARE Certified flank steak.
- Marinate the steak for at least one hour or overnight.
- After the steak is marinated, heat the grill to medium-high heat and oil the grates. Grill the steak for 3 minutes per side, then reduce the heat to low until the internal temperature is 135°F for medium rare. Let the steak rest for 10 minutes before cutting against the grain.
- While the steak is resting, heat a little butter in a large pan over medium heat. Toast potato bread until golden brown.
- Assemble the sandwiches by adding Heinen’s organic stone ground mustard to the toasted bread and topping with arugula, sliced flank steak and basil. Top with another slice of bread and serve.