The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
There’s no soup better suited for summertime than gazpacho!
In addition to tomatoes, this cold soup also features peppers, cucumbers and peaches for a touch of seasonal sweetness. The best part of this dish is that it’s fast, fresh and requires no cooking whatsoever!
What I love about Heinen’s is their incredible assortment of peak-season locally grown produce. While shopping for the ingredients for this recipe, support your local farmers by picking produce grown right in your region!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 5 lbs. assorted tomatoes, stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 peaches, peeled, sliced and pitted
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- Cilantro, optional garnish
- Sourdough bread, optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until combined. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a high-powered blender and pulse on high until mostly smooth with very small chunks.
- Serve with fresh-sliced sourdough bread, additional finely minced vegetables and optional fresh chopped cilantro.