Comfort food made better-for-you! This tuna noodle casserole is so creamy and tasty, you’ll definitely want to add it to your meal plan. Double the recipe and freeze the other half for a quick meal solution on those extra busy days.
(Recipe adapted from: www.unboundwellness.com)
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1¼ Cup Heinen’s canned coconut milk
- 2¼ Cup Heinen’s chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot starch
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/2 of small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Cup broccoli florets
- 1 Cup carrots, diced
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2- 5oz cans of Wild Planet Tuna (could also use Wild Planet Salmon)
- 2 Cups Banza Pasta Shells
- 1–2 Tbsp. Bragg nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- Using a large bowl, stir the coconut milk, stock, and arrowroot. Set aside.
- Use a large, deep pot to heat the avocado oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes or until lightly translucent.
- Add the broccoli and carrots and sauté for another 3-4 minutes or until they are lightly soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the canned tuna or salmon and add to the pot. Using a wooden spoon to crumble into small chunks.
- Pour in the broth mixture and pasta. Stir well to combine. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, bringing the pot to a simmer. Allow to simmer for about 10-12 minutes, stirring often, until the pasta is cooked.
- When the pasta is just about done, stir the pot continuously for 1 minute to allow the sauce to reduce.
- Stir in nutritional yeast to taste and serve topped with parsley.