The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Easy Vegetable Lasagna is perfect for those who love to meal prep healthy and flavorful weeknight dinners!
Layered with zucchini, onions, spinach and eggplant for a lighter take on traditional lasagna, Heinen’s organic tomato basil pasta sauce makes this recipe even easier. I’ve tried a number of jarred pasta sauces, and Heinen’s assortment is as close to homemade as they come!
Easy Vegetable Lasagna
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s organic onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 jar Heinen’s tomato basil pasta sauce
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Prepare a 9×9 pan with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Set aside.
- Add the remaining Tbsp. of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini, eggplant and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables are wilted.
- Add the spinach, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to the pan. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes until the spinach is wilted and any liquid has cooked off.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer 3-4 lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, overlapping edges as needed.
- Add 1/2 cup of the veggie mixture and 1/3 cup of ricotta cheese. Top with 2/3 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- Repeat this pattern twice until the baking dish is full.
- Top the lasagna with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for 10 more minutes until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown.
- Remove the lasagna from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
- Top with fresh basil and serve.