The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This cobb salad is filled with colorful ingredients, fresh flavors and a little bit of meat, which together create a satisfying and healthy meal!
Featuring red and green butter lettuce layered with flank steak, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes and a creamy avocado dressing, this salad is a tasty way to get your dose of leafy greens!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ½ lb. Heinen's CARE Certified bacon, sliced
- 1 lb. Heinen's CARE Certified flank steak
- 1 head each red and green butter lettuce, chopped
- 1 package Heinen's spring mix
- ½ red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup NatureFresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and halved
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
- Avocado dressing of choice
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and set it aside. Remove half of the rendered bacon fat and return the pan to the burner over medium-high heat.
- Season the flank steak on both sides with salt and pepper and add it to the pan with the rendered bacon fat. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side. or until the desired internal temperature is achieved.
- Remove and rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- To plate, place the lettuce in a large bowl, layer on the onions, tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, avocados, crispy bacon and sliced flank steak. Serve with the avocado dressing.