- Total time:
The recipe and photography for this post was provided courtesy of local food blogger, Claire Xu. To see more of Claire’s recipes, visit her Instagram page @eatswithclaire.
Pasta sauce is a staple in almost any household, and some might say its taste is more important than that of the pasta’s. All we know is that a fresh sauce is hard to find and even harder to make, but luckily, there are recipes out there that make the process easier. Through simple instructions like this, it’s a breeze to make a pasta sauce that both tastes great and can be prepared quickly after a long day of work.
Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce:
- 3 pounds chopped fresh skinned tomatoes
- 4 oz. olive oil
- 1/2 chopped white onion
- 6 shredded basil leaves
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- Salt, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- In a large pan, heat olive oil, tomatoes and basil over medium heat until tomatoes are soft
- In a separate pan, sauté down garlic and onion until onion is translucent
- Combine both mixtures into a blender and purée