The following post was made in collaboration with Lauren Schulte of @TheBiteSizePantry. and Blume Honey Water. Product was provided by Blume Honey Water and recipe development and photography were provided courtesy of Lauren Schulte.
Thirsting for a delicious summer cocktail? Well, this Gin Berry and Mint Smash is blooming good and sure to quench your summer thirst! Blume Honey Waters make for refreshing all in one mixers for your summer alcoholic beverages. They are certified organic and are free of GMOs and added sugars. It doesn’t hurt that their taste is irresistibly light and refreshing.
For this cocktail, I chose to use the Wild Blueberry Blume Honey Water, this pairs very nicely with Driscoll’s blueberries from Heinen’s Produce Department. The blueberries are ripe for the picking, so while picking up some Blume Honey Water for your cocktails, make sure to grab a carton of fresh Driscoll’s blueberries along with fresh Millcreek Gardens mojito mint and thyme. This is all you’ll need to make my Gin Berry Smash and the great thing about this cocktail is, you can use any dark fruit you like or have on hand. Blackberries or red grapes would work wonderfully in this drink.
- Total time:
- 2 oz. of Hendrick’s Gin
- 6 oz. of Blume Wild Blueberry Honey Water
- ¼ c Driscoll’s blueberries
- 4-6 Millcreek Gardens mojito mint leaves
- 10 Millcreek Gardens thyme leaves
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Add the blueberries to a glass. Take a muddler, spoon or fork and smash the blueberries until they form a pulp.
- Add ice, gin, mint and thyme leaves to a shaker. Give the mint and thyme leaves a good smack, which helps release the aromas of the herbs. Put the top of the shaker on and shake well (30 seconds) so that the herb aromas have time to infuse with the gin. If you don’t have a shaker, place another glass over the one with the gin, ice and herbs and give it a good tap to make sure no liquid gets out. Shake well.
- Pour your gin and ice mixture over the muddled blueberries and add Blume Wild Berry Honey Water. Add more fresh ice if necessary. Top with some fresh mint and a couple more blueberries and enjoy.