My last recipe today is an easy Granny Smith Apple Cider Vinaigrette. This simple blender vinaigrette has the bright crisp flavor of the granny smith apple which makes it delicious with a peppery green like baby arugula. Toss it with sliced sweet apples, sliced figs and toasted walnuts. It’s also tasty drizzled over grilled vegetables.
- one Granny Smith apple, cord and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Purée the granny Smith apples, Apple cider vinegar and fresh lime juice in a food processor or high powered blender, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, until smooth.
- See note*
- Add the minced shallot and raw sugar. Blend again.
- With the food processor or blender on high slowly add in the extra virgin olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- This vinaigrette can be made one day ahead of time. Tightly cover and chill re-whisking before using.
*At this point you can strain the solids using a fine strainer or cheese cloth tightly wringing or pressing the liquid if so desired. I kept the solids in the vinaigrette. My blender practically liquified the ingredients and I like the slightly thick consistency.