Save time in the kitchen with two recipes full of summer freshness. Start by grilling marinated chicken breasts for dinner, then slice the leftovers to add to a beautiful salad bar
For the Marinated and Grilled Chicken Breasts:
1 cup of red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon each of dry oregano and thyme
4 finely minced cloves of garlic
2 tablespoons of stone ground mustard
1 tablespoon of sugar
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
1 cup of olive oil
3 Organic Smart Chicken Breasts
For the Salad Bar:
4 cups each of packed spring mix lettuce, chopped Romaine lettuce and thinly sliced kale
1 seeded and thinly sliced red bell pepper
1 head of trimmed broccoli
½ peeled and thinly sliced red onion
1 thinly sliced cucumber
1 15-ounce can of chickpeas, drained
1 cup of mixed pitted olives
1 cup of cherry tomatoes
1 cup each of shaved parmesan, shredded cheddar, and crumbled blue cheese
4 cups of croutons
1 thinly sliced leftover marinated and grilled chicken
Marinated and Grilled Chicken Breasts:
1. In a medium size bowl mix together, all of the ingredients except for the chicken and transfer it to a plastic bag along with the chicken. Mix and marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the grill to high heat, 450° to 550°.
3. Add the chicken to the grill and cook until dark grill marks are formed, and the chicken is cooked through, about 6 to 7 minutes per side.
4. Serve with fresh herbs and optional lemon slices.
1. Evenly spread out all of the ingredients on a large serving platter and serve alongside your favorite salad dressings.