Recipe and photography provided by Heinen’s contributor, Courtney Holsworth of A Life From Scratch.
I feel like we are all craving easy and simple meals right now, which is why I know you’re going to love this summer spin on a classic Italian dish!
My Grilled Chicken Parmesan is a family-friendly weeknight meal that uses a base of just 5 ingredients. It could not be easier, but if you’re looking to get a little fancy, I recommend adding a quick homemade panko topping for a some crunch!
For the Grilled Chicken Parmesan
- 2 packages chicken cutlets
- A few glugs olive oil
- Montreal steak seasoning
- A jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella
For the Panko Topping
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan
- Mix chicken with olive oil and seasoning.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place some of the marinara in the bottom of a 9×13 tray.
- Top with grilled chicken and the rest of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Mix together panko topping ingredients and sprinkle over the dish.
- Bake at 350˚F for 15 minutes or so until everything is warm and bubbly.