The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Add some sunshine to your dinner plate by making this tropical-inspired Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Mango Salsa.
This minimal ingredient meal uses Heinen’s premade and packaged pineapple mango salsa, which works beautifully as a fruity marinade. Garnish with more salsa and fresh local produce to amplify the classic grilled chicken dinner!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Gerber's CARE Certified chicken breasts
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 1 lb. Heinen’s pineapple mango salsa
- 2 yellow bell peppers, seeded
- Large fresh mango, diced for garnish
- Large fresh pineapple, diced for garnish
- Cilantro and green onions, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the chicken to a plastic bag along with the lemon juice, oil, ½ of the pineapple mango salsa, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high (450°F to 550°F).
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5 -6 minutes per side, or until cooked through and dark grill marks have formed.
- Flip the chicken and add the bell peppers to the grill. Cook until lightly charred.
- Remove everything from the grill and slice the chicken. Large dice the bell pepper.
- Serve the chicken garnished with the additional salsa, large diced peppers, mango, pineapple, green onions and cilantro.