The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Summer is the season for fresh, locally grown corn! Take advantage by turning this seasonal staple into a roasted corn salsa!
Served over marinated flank steak, this meaty meal is best made on the grill. Finish with a sprinkle of cotija cheese and serve alongside Heinen’s local produce and you’ll have the perfect summer entrée.
Grilled Flank Steak with Roasted Corn Salsa
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ¼ cup neutral flavored oil + 2 Tbsp.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Heinen's onion granules
- 2 tsp. Heinen's garlic granules
- 1 tsp. Heinen's ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Heinen's ground chili powder
- 2 tsp. Heinen's dried oregano
- 1 ½ lbs. Heinen's CARE Certified flank steak
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded
- 2 poblano peppers, seeded
- 1 yellow onions, peeled and thickly sliced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup cotija cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the ¼ cup of oil to a bowl along with the soy sauce, onion granules, garlic granules, cumin, chili powder and oregano. Whisk to combine.
- Transfer to a plastic bag and add the flank steak. Mix to combine. Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to high (450°F to 550°F).
- Add the corn, peppers and onions to a bowl or platter and coat in the remaining 2 Tbsp. of oil, salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Add the vegetables to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes or until cooked and lightly browned. Remove from the grill. Remove the corn kernels from ears and medium dice the other vegetables. Add to a bowl and mix with lemon juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place the steak on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until dark grill marks have formed and the desired internal temperature is achieved. Remove from the grill and let it rest for 4-5 minutes before very thinly slicing it.
- Serve the steak with the corn salsa and garnish with the cotija cheese.