The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
I’ll never get tired of salmon, especially when it’s as fresh and flavorful as the selection at Heinen’s! I could eat it three times a week if my family would let me make it that often.
We usually bake our salmon for a quick and easy weeknight meal, but since the weather is warming up, I kicked things up a notch by skewering and grilling this seafood fare. It’s an exciting new way to enjoy Heinen’s incredible salmon and take advantage of my mouthwatering homemade dipping sauce.
Let’s get grilling!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8-10 Skewers
For the Salmon Skewers
- 3 fresh salmon fillets of the same thickness
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Seasonings, to taste (Black pepper, salt and Heinen's chili powder)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup Heinen's olive oil
- Parsley, for garnish
For the Dipping Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. any ginger vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tsp. chili paste or sambal oelek
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's honey
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's Dijon mustard
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets by turning them on their side and cutting downwards along the skin with a sharp knife.
- Cut the salmon into 1 ½-inch cubes.
- Fully submerge and soak 8-10 wooden skewers in water for a few minutes. This will prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Add the lemon juice, seasonings, garlic cloves and olive oil to a gallon-sized Ziploc bag or a large bowl. Add the salmon and marinate for about an hour.
- After an hour, stack 5-6 salmon pieces on each skewer.
- Preheat the grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush the grates with olive oil or add a few glugs of olive oil to the grill pan while it heats up.
- Grill the salmon skewers for 7 minutes per side to achieve grill marks.
- When cooked through, remove the skewers from the grill and sprinkle with parsley.
- Mix all of the dipping sauce ingredients together and serve alongside the salmon skewers.