The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Tequila and limes aren’t just for margaritas!
Turn these traditional cocktail ingredients into a zesty and flavorful marinade for grilled chicken that will be a hit all summer long! If you want to kick up the heat, add some jalapenos!
Grilled Tequila Lime Chicken
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 lbs. Gerber's boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup tequila
- ¾ cup orange juice
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 5 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tsp. coriander
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 jalapeños, seeded
- Add the chicken breasts to a casserole pan or plastic Ziploc bag.
- In a bowl, whisk together the tequila, juices, zest, garlic, spices, salt and pepper until combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts and add the seeded jalapeños. Mix until combined.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to high heat, between 450°F to 550°F.
- Remove the chicken and jalapeños from the marinade and place them directly on the hot grill. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until dark grill marks have formed and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the chicken and jalapeños with limes and an optional garnish of chopped fresh cilantro.