The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
The summer heat is rolling in and everyone is looking for something new to make on the grill. If you’re in the mood for Italian, I have just the dish for you!
Heinen’s offers an incredible frozen cauliflower crust that creates the simplest base for a “make-your-own” pizza to toss over the open flame.
If you’ve never attempted pizza on the grill, do not be intimidated. It’s as simple as setting it on the grates and forgetting about it for 6-10 minutes.
The best thing about this recipe is that you can customize it any way you like by adding your favorite sauce and topping combinations. The options are endless!
Let’s get grilling!
Interested in making these recipes? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen’s frozen cauliflower pizza crust
- Heinen’s Alfredo sauce
- Zucchini, cut into coins
- Red onion, sliced
- Baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- Banana pepper rings
- Roasted red peppers, sliced
- Black olives, sliced
- Heinen’s shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heinen’s dried oregano
- Spoon a few Tbsp. of Alfredo sauce onto the cauliflower crust.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Scatter the zucchini, red onion, mushrooms, banana peppers, roasted red peppers and black olives overtop of the cheese.
- Shake your desired amount of oregano over the entire pizza.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Place the pizza onto grill, close the lid and cook for 6-10 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
- Slice and serve.