The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Have you seen the viral Grinder sandwich and salad trend?
It’s all over social media, and for good reason! This Grinder salad takes all of the elements of a sandwich and chops them in a delicious salad! Heinen’s Deli meats and cheeses are the star of this salad – with Two Brothers Turkey, Provolone, and Salami, these ingredients shine in this recipe.
We’ve included a recipe for a homemade dressing, but if you’re short on time, we recommend using Stancato’s Italian Salad Dressing or Garlic Expressions salad dressing.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Don’t limit deli meat to just sandwiches and wraps; this recipe is an exciting alternative to savor Heinen’s premium Two Brothers deli meat and cheeses!
- Creating this homemade dressing is a breeze, and chances are, you already have all the necessary ingredients in your kitchen!
- You can customize this salad with your favorite deli meats and salad toppings!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 red or white onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 6 Pepperoncini, diced
- 4 slices Miceli’s sliced provolone cheese, chopped
- 6 slices salami, chopped
- 1/4 lb. Two Brothers turkey off the bone, chopped
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s grated parmesan cheese
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Make the dressing. Combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra virgin olive oil, 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar, 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder, 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried oregano, 1 tsp. Heinen’s dried basil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Combine chopped iceberg, chopped 1/2 red onion, diced tomato, diced pepperoncini, chopped provolone, chopped salami, chopped turkey, and 1/4 cup Heinen’s grated parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss well, then serve.