The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
A classic ham and cheese quiche is always in style and perfect for your next spring brunch or family gathering. This easy quiche requires just 15 minutes of hands-on prep and uses a frozen pie crust to keep things even simpler.
Stop by Heinen’s deli counter to pick up Two Brothers CARE Certified deli ham of any variety, for this quiche. Be sure to request a thick-cut slice (I recommend 1/2-inch thick). I like the flavor combination of swiss and sharp cheddar cheeses with the ham.
This quiche is delicious warm or cold. Serve it alongside berries or a simple leafy green salad.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 frozen deep dish pie crust
- 5 large Heinen’s cage free eggs
- ¾ cup Heinen’s half & half
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Heinen’s onion powder
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp. cracked black pepper
- 4-5 oz. Heinen’s CARE Certified deli ham, sliced ½-inch thick, diced
- 4 oz. (about 1 cup) Heinen’s sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 oz. (about ½ cup) Heinen’s Swiss cheese, grated
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F
- Set the frozen pie crust on a sheet pan. Poke it with a fork a few times in the center and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs, half & half, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Once the pre-baked crust has cooled slightly, sprinkle the diced ham and cheeses over the bottom in an even layer, reserving 1-2 Tbsp. of cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the ham and cheese, sprinkle with the reserved cheese, then transfer the pie pan (on the sheet pan) back to the oven for 38-40 minutes, or until the center is set.
- Allow the quiche to rest for 10 minutes before garnishing with chives and cutting.
- Serve warm or cold.