Perfect Pan Seared Steak:
- 12-ounce New York strip steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12-ounce bottle of beer
- optional rosemary sprig garnish
Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs:
- 6 large eggs
Making a Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- ½ peeled and small diced shallot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large thinly sliced basil leaves
- optional salt and pepper to taste
1. Season steak on all sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Add the oil to a 10” cast iron skillet over high heat.
3. Once the oil begins to lightly smoke add in the steak and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Flip the steak over and add in the butter. Once the butter is melted baste the steak using a spoon. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes for a medium-rare internal temperature.
5. Rest the steak for 2 minutes before garnishing and serving.
1. Add the eggs to medium size pot of boiling water and cook for 6 minutes.
2. Cover the pot, turn off the heat and let stand for 6 minutes.
3. Immediately chill the eggs in a bowl of ice water. Peel, slice and serve.
1. Add the shallot, honey, mustard and vinegar to a medium size bowl and then slowly add in the oil while whisking to emulsify the vinaigrette.
2. Finish by whisking in the basil and add option salt and pepper to taste.