The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
If you’re looking to enjoy the comforting flavors of lasagna without all of the tedious layering, you’ll love this simple soup!
Loaded with savory beef, juicy tomatoes, thick, hearty lasagna noodles and a three-cheese topping, it’s a one-pot wonder that will warm your belly on a cozy winter weekend or busy weeknight!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and small diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 lbs. Heinen's CARE Certified 90/10 ground beef
- 2 32 oz. cans Heinen's diced tomatoes
- 4 cups Heinen's chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s Italian seasoning blend
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's tomato paste
- 8-10 lasagna noodles, broken up
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Topping
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Cook the onions for 10-12 minutes, or until browned.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the ground beef. Break up the beef and cook until it is browned and cooked throughout.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken stock, seasoning blend and tomato paste. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the lasagna noodles and cook for 15 minutes, or until the noodles are softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together all of the cheeses in a medium-size bowl.
- Garnish each bowl of soup with the cheese blend and diced parsley, if desired.