2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
4 tablespoons of all purpose flour
4 cups of Heinen’s whole milk
½ peeled and thinly sliced butternut squash
½ peeled, seeded and thinly sliced spaghetti squash
20 precooked lasagna noodles
1 pound of shredded mozzarella
8 ounces of shredded fontina cheese
1 cup of finely grated parmesan cheese
8-ounce mozzarella ball, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon each of chopped fresh thyme and rosemary
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Add the butter to a medium size pot over medium-low heat and melt. Once melted whisk in the flour until combined. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes over low heat.
3. Next, pour in the milk and cook for 15 to 20 minutes on medium low heat while whisking occasionally until thick. It should be to the consistency of alfredo sauce.
4. Season the béchamel sauce with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Add a small amount of the béchamel sauce to the bottom of a 13×9 casserole dish and then add to it 3 precooked lasagna noodles. Next add on a bit more béchamel sauce and then layer on some of the butternut squash. Evenly sprinkle on some of the shredded mozzarella, fontina and parmesan cheese making sure to leave enough left over for the other layers.
6. Season that layer with salt, pepper and a small amount of thyme. Add another layer except this time use the spaghetti squash. Repeat both layers once ending with noodles, béchamel sauce, shredded mozzarella and sliced mozzarella. Garnish with some thyme and bake at 375° for 45 to 60 minutes or until cooked through and browned.
7. Repeat the same process with the small loaf pan for 2 except use rosemary in it opposed to thyme.