The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Lemon Garlic Halibut is a simple and satisfying seafood dish that’s perfect for weeknights!
Pan-seared in a lemon-butter sauce, this fresh fillet of fish is finished with chopped parsley and served over Heinen’s frozen creamy risotto, resulting in a low effort meal with 5-star flavor.
Lemon Garlic Halibut
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 6 oz. halibut fillets
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 12 oz. package Heinen's frozen creamy risotto
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash, cut into chunks
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the paprika, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the shallots and continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and stir until it melts. Add the lemon juice and stir well.
- Pat the halibut dry with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Rub each fillet with the spice mixture.
- Place the halibut, skin-side-up, in the skillet. Sear the first side for 4-5 minutes.
- Flip and let the other side sear while spooning some of the butter-lemon sauce over top. Continue cooking until the fish is cooked through.
- Cook the frozen creamy risotto according to the package instructions. Stir in the cooked butternut squash.
- Serve the warm halibut on top of the butternut squash risotto and garnish with lemon slices and fresh parsley.