The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
Eating healthy is all about balance, so why not combine the best flavors of a burger with a crisp and refreshing salad?
Have you ever tried Heinen’s frozen veggie burgers? They are truly delicious, incredibly convenient and packed with a nutritious punch.
Available in many varieties and easily warmed through in a skillet, microwave or the oven, they make getting a healthy meal on the table a fast and flavorful experience!
This Loaded Veggie Burger Salad has all of the fixings of a classic hamburger and an irresistible special sauce, because what’s a burger without sauce and a salad without dressing?
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Large Salads
For the Salad
- 4 Heinen’s meatless char grill veggie burgers, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 5 oz. box Great Lakes Growers spring mix
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- Heinen’s shredded cheddar cheese
- Pickled red onions, recipe below
- Cleveland Kitchen dilly garlic pickle chips
For the Special Sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup relish
- 3 Tbsp. pickle juice
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Quick Pickled Red Onions
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- Heinen’s white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. kosher salt
- Start by making the quick pickled onions. Add the sliced red onion to a mason jar and fill the jar with vinegar. Add the salt and sugar and shake to mix. Place in fridge for at least one hour, or up to a week for maximum flavor.
- Make the special sauce by stirring all of the ingredients together and storing in the fridge until ready to use.
- Assemble the salad as you wish! Place a bed of Great Lakes Growers lettuce in a bowl and add all of the fixings.