Tips, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
It’s time to talk about holiday turkey! If you’re feeding a small group, this sweet and savory recipe gives the traditional holiday bird a flavorful facelift.
Roasted in the oven and basted in a maple-mustard glaze, pair this easy-to-make turkey with your favorite seasonal side dishes for an impressive holiday feast!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 4-6 lb. Two Brothers bone-in turkey breast
- 1/3 cup Heinen’s olive oil
- ½ cup Heinen’s pure organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup Heinen’s light brown sugar, packed
- 4 Tbsp. Heinen’s unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen’s Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Heinen’s dried sage
- 2 tsp. Heinen's dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Coat both sides of the turkey breast with olive oil and generously season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the turkey to a roasting pan or pot and bake in the oven at 375°F for about 90 minutes or until it reaches 165°F internally.
- After 40-45 minutes of cooking, combine the syrup, brown sugar, butter, mustard, sage, thyme, salt and pepper in a small pot over medium heat until just combined and the butter is melted.
- Immediately baste the top of the turkey with some of the glaze. Continue to glaze it every 30 minutes until it is done cooking.
- When the turkey is done cooking, give it one final glaze and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before serving.