The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Melissa’s Produce.
Colorful and flavorful, these roasted carrots are not your ordinary side dish! Tossed in maple syrup and topped with fresh tahini and pomegranate arils, this is a dish to be served all fall long!
- 2 lbs. carrots, cleaned and trimmed
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen's pure organic maple syrup (for carrots)
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's tahini
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. white miso paste
- 1 tsp. Heinen's pure organic maple syrup (for tahini)
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. pomegranate arils
- 2 Tbsp. pistachios, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. parsley or cilantro, chopped
- Combine the oil and maple syrup and toss with the carrots.
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400˚F oven until tender, about 20-30 minutes, turning once in the middle.
- Mix the tahini, lemon juice, miso, maple syrup, garlic and enough water to get the sauce to the desired consistency.
- Serve carrots topped with the tahini sauce, pomegranate, pistachios and parsley.