The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Mediterranean Chicken salad is the perfect twist on a summer classic.
Packed with fresh flavors and plenty of protein, it is sure to refresh your taste buds and keep you feeling energized, whether served over a bed of crisp lettuce or on a Heinen’s brioche bun as a sandwich.
Whip up this easy recipe and discover the perfect lunch or dinner option for the hot summer days that are on the horizon.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 1/2 lbs. Gerber's CARE Certified chicken breasts (about 3 cups)
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup Heinen's Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup Heinen's roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Heinen's crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Heinen's honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s paprika
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tsps. fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a large baking dish, arrange the chicken breasts in a single layer.
- Evenly brush both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the oven when cooked through and let rest until cooled. Shred the chicken and add it to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the celery, olives, roasted red peppers, red onion and feta cheese. Mix well.
- Add the Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice and paprika. Mix well.
- Stir in the green onions, dill and parsley.
- Serve the chicken salad on a bed of greens, in a lettuce wrap, in a bowl with fresh parsley as a garnish or on a sandwich. Refrigerate the remaining chicken salad in a sealed container for up to three days.
Note: Save time by using a Heinen’s rotisserie chicken.