- Total time:
Find new and creative uses for Heinen’s variety of local summer produce with these recipes for Veggie Tacos and Cheesecake Dip with Fresh Fruit
For the Veggie Tacos and Avocado Crema:
1 each seeded and sliced red, green, yellow and orange bell pepper
1 large zucchini cut into batonnet large slices
1 bunch of asparagus cut in half
1 peeled and sliced red onion
4 stemmed and grilled portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
1 tablespoon of chili powder
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 cup of sour cream
2 seeded and peeled avocados
juice of 1 lime
fresh cilantro leaves and microgreens for garnish
sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
8 corn tortilla shells
For the Cheesecake Dip:
8 ounces of cream cheese
1 cup of ricotta cheese
½ cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
½ cup each fresh strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and seeded cherries
mint for garnish
Veggie Tacos and Avocado Crema:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°
2. Add the peppers, zucchini, asparagus, onion and mushrooms to a cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper and evenly sprinkle on the cumin, chili powder, olive oil, salt and pepper and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned and cooked.
3. While the veggies are cooking add the sour cream, avocados, lime juice, salt and pepper to a medium-size bowl and mash using a hand masher until smooth. Set aside.
4. To Plate: Place the veggies into a corn tortilla and top off with some avocado cream, cilantro and microgreens.
1. Add the cream cheese, ricotta, ¼ cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla to a standing mixer with the paddle attachment and whip on high speed until soft and smooth, about 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
2. Next, toss the berries in the remaining ½ cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and gently mix.
3. Serve some of the cheesecake dip in a bowl and top off with some berries and garnish with mint.