The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Kayla Breeden Falconer of Kayla’s Kitch and Fix.
Why leave the house for a margarita when you can enjoy a house margarita at home?
Don’t get me wrong, I love an evening spent sipping a cocktail at a Mexican restaurant, but I don’t love all of the sugar that’s packed into the traditional marg.
This recipe solves that problem with a short list of refreshing ingredients that contribute absolutely no added sugar to the final concoction. That’s great news because it means that this cocktail is better for you and, as a result, lessens the energy crash you’ve likely experienced after a few sugary drinks.
Let me assure you that this cocktail is just as sweet and limey as the house margarita we all know and love thanks to stevia or a sugar free simple syrup and fresh limes.
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s shake things up!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 oz. tequila
- Juice of 4 small limes
- 6 oz. Heinen’s lime sparkling water
- 1/4 tsp. liquid stevia or sugar free simple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. orange extract , can sub with 1 Tbsp. of orange zest
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker or tall glass with ice. Stir or shake to combine.
- If you’d like, run a lime over the rim of a glass and dip into salt with chili powder.
- Pour the margaritas into two glasses with ice and enjoy!