One Pan Arroz con Pollo Verde
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless Chicken thighs (about 12)
- Ground Cumin
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup White Rice
- 1 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Salsa Verde
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese Blend, finely shredded
- Cilantro, chopped
- Season chicken on both sides with cumin, salt and pepper.
- In a cast iron skillet or heavy pan with lit, heat olive oil over medium heat. Once oil is hot (and shimmering), add chicken in a single layer and allow to sear (without moving it) for 2 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 additional minute. Remove from pan and set aside. (*Chicken is not fully cooked.)
- Add butter to the pan and once melted, stir in cooked rice and toast for 1 minute.
- Add broth and salsa and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in cheese, stirring for about 30 seconds. It does not need to be completely melted.
- Return chicken to the pan in a single layer, nestling into the rice.
- Cover pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 18-20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Tip: Do not worry if it looks like there is extra liquid on the top. This is key to a creamy rice! Simply stir to incorporate. It will thicken as it cools.
Prepping ahead?: Prep any salad fixings, if desired. This is a great way to use any remaining fresh vegetables. Washed and dried lettuce can last up to a week in the fridge.
Click Here to Print the Recipe for One Pan Arroz con Pollo Verde.