The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Mediterranean Lemon Chicken and Potatoes is a one pot meal that mixes chicken thighs with a lemony Greek-inspired marinade, baked red potatoes, onion and garlic.
This dish is slightly sweet, zesty and the perfect easy weeknight meal! It also makes for effortless cleanup since it all comes together in one pot.
For the Chicken
- 2.5 - 3 lbs. chicken thighs
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 lb. red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
For the Marinade
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- Fresh chopped Italian parsley, for garnish
- Crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the chicken thighs to the marinade mixture and mix with tongs until all of the chicken is coated.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the 2 Tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
Transfer the chicken to a plate. Repeat until all of the chicken has been browned. Set aside on a plate.
- Add 2 more Tbsp. of olive oil to the skillet or Dutch oven and add the onion and potatoes. Sauté for 5 minutes. Add the chicken back in to the pot along with the lemon slices and broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low or medium-low and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken reaches 165˚F.
- Serve with chopped Italian parsley and crumbled feta cheese.