Lemon, butter basil, olive oil and potatoes. Discover how Chef Billy Parisi turns these five everyday pantry ingredients into an impressive and delicious steak dinner.
3 thickly sliced russet potatoes
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of dry basil
1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
zest and juice of one lemon
2 10-ounce strip filets
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. Spread the potatoes out on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper. Evenly drizzle on 3 tablespoons of olive oil all over the potatoes.
3. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on basil. Bake at 425° for 20 to 22 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked.
4. Add the softened butter to a bowl and mix with lemon zest, juice and salt and pepper until combined. Set aside.
5. Season the strip filets on all sides with salt and pepper.
6. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a saute pan over medium-high heat.
7. Once the oil begins to lightly smoke add in the strip filets and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side for a medium rare internal temperature.
8. Remove the steak from the pan and serve alongside potatoes. Add a dollop of lemon butter to the top of the steak. Garnish with parsley.
Note: there will be leftover lemon butter which can freeze for up to 3 months.