The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Pea and Potato Salad is the perfect side dish to pair will grilled food!
Tossed in a tangy mustard vinaigrette, it’s much lighter than a traditional mayo-based potato salad, and the peas and bacon add refreshing color along with complexity of taste and texture. Finished with dill for a punch of freshness, offer to bring this dish to every cookout you attend.
Pea and Potato Salad
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 lbs. baby potatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup Heinen’s frozen peas, steamed
- 6 slices Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green onion, for serving
- Place the sliced potatoes in a large pot and submerge with water. Cook over medium-high heat until the water boils, then cook another 5 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes well with cold water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Heinen’s organic Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, steamed peas, chopped bacon and vinaigrette. Toss until coated.
- Serve with fresh dill and diced green onion.