The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Pea and Potato Salad is the perfect spring side dish!
Made with a tangy mustard-based vinaigrette, it’s much lighter than traditional potato salad, and the peas and bacon add refreshing texture and flavor. Finished with dill for a punch of freshness, offer to bring this dish to any spring cookout.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 lbs. baby potatoes, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s organic Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup Heinen’s frozen peas, steamed
- 6 slices Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green onion, for serving
- Place the sliced potatoes in a large pot and submerge with water. Cook over medium-high heat until the water boils, then cook another 5 minutes, until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes well with cold water. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Heinen’s organic Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, steamed peas, chopped bacon and vinaigrette. Toss until coated.
- Serve with fresh dill and diced green onion.