You don’t have to be vegetarian to enjoy these plant-based stuffed peppers! Serve them on a bed of roasted vegetables as a beautiful centerpiece for your holiday table.
Plant-Based Stuffed Peppers
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 NoBull patties, thawed (in the Frozen Department))
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s organic cooked quinoa
- 1-14.5-oz. can Heinen’s diced tomatoes
- 1½ tsp. dried oregano
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 6 bell peppers, tops and cores removed
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese or shredded plant-based cheese like Violife
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more.
- Add patties, breaking up with a wooden spoon. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in cooked quinoa and diced tomatoes. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Place peppers cut side-up in a 9×13 baking dish and drizzle with oil. Spoon mixture into each pepper and top with cheese, then cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender, about 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is bubbly, 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.