Spring is in the air and this recipe is a delicious way to celebrate. Wow guests with this pork dish served alongside a refreshing salad featuring your favorite Two Brothers sauce.
For the Pork:
3 thick-cut bone-in pork chops
Two Brothers Sweet and Smoky Seasoning
1 cup of flour
4 whisked eggs
1 cup of crushed Ritz crackers
1 cup of Panko bread crumbs
¼ cup of olive oil
shredded parmesan cheese for garnish
For the Salad:
1 bunch of thinly shaven baby carrots
½ bunch of par-boiled asparagus cut on a bias
1 cup of par-boiled sweet peas
6 cups of packed spring mix lettuce
Two Brothers Mandarin Orange and Teriyaki Sauce
Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
1. Pound the pork chops in a plastic bag or between two sheets of plastic wrap with a mallet until it is about 1/8” to ¼” inch thick. Season generously on both sides with Two Brothers Sweet and Smoky Seasoning.
2. Next, divide the flour, whisked eggs, crackers and panko bread crumbs between 4 bowls.
3. Start by dipping the seasoned flattened pork into the flour on both sides, and then submerge it in the egg wash, followed up by coating it completely on both sides with either the crushed crackers or panko bread crumbs.
4. Place the breaded pork chop in a hot large saute pan over medium-high heat with olive oil and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through out. You may need to turn down the heat to medium once you place the pork in to ensure the breading does not burn.
5. In a large bowl combine the shaved carrots, asparagus, peas, spring mix lettuce, salt and pepper and your desired sauce and toss to lightly coat.
6. Serve the cooked pork alongside the salad and garnish with shredded parmesan cheese over top of both.
Recipe created by Chef Billy Parisi l Click here to print this recipe